Friday 8 April 2011

Chili



There are many variety of chilies are available in Malaysian market, from bell peppers to bird's eye chilies. But, I only have one type of chili at my farm, Kulai 151. This type of chili is hotter and crunchier. So far, I got positive feedback from my customers. They said, this type of chili is very suitable for making pickled chili. Maybe I should try it myself. 


Sometimes I went to wholesale markets and stores to check the current price and I noticed that there was a different between conventional planting chilies and fertigation chilies, in term of appearance, although they were from the same variety. Fertigation chilies looked similar to each other and nicer but conventional planting chilies were slightly uneven.


Fertigation Kulai 151

Conventional Kulai 151

In future, I will plant more variety of chili.. maybe Thai's chili or Centil..


No comments:

Post a Comment